Workshop 28 is taking steps to becoming a more environmentally and socially responsible business through the below initiatives
10% of our annual electricity is from GreenPower accredited renewable energy.
All factory lighting has been changed over to energy efficient LED
All electrical machinery and appliances are monitored daily to avoid waste
- All Australian hardwoods used in our joinery are from certified Responsible Wood sources
- Only E0 rated MDF with the lowest levels of formaldehyde are used in cabinetry
- Water based, low VOC stains and sealants are used wherever possible
All solid wood sawdust is donated to Healing Hooves charity to be repurposed as bedding for their horses
Only recycled rags are used throughout the factory
company culture and productivity.
- We continually strive to create a safe and inclusive workplace culture for our employees
- We foster the professional development of our employees by encouraging internal hiring and promotions
reducing our carbon footprint.
We take responsibility for our environmental impact by reducing our emissions and further offsetting 54 tonnes of carbon emissions annually
We support Australian Native Reforestation projects through purchasing Gold Standard Verified Emission Reduction credits
life cycle of our work.
- Our work is built to last with quality and integrity the driving force behind what we do.
- We offer repair and maintenance services to further prolong the life span of our joinery.